We Need Storytellers
We’re currently recruiting individuals who are willing to anonymously share their own story of Facing Depression. Storytellers may be an individual who is currently facing depression or who has faced depression in the past, family members of those facing depression, and professional caregivers, therapists, and doctors who help those with depression.
If you’re interested, here’s how it works.
- You’ll be matched with a volunteer writer. You’ll meet with them face-to-face to have a conversation where you’ll share your story. This will probably take an hour or two.
- The writer will then write the story as if they are you (in the first person) trying to capture your voice.
- You get to read the story and suggest changes. The story doesn’t get published without your final approval.
- Your story is included with others in a book to be shared across East Central Indiana to give voice to those facing depression. The book will also include a list of resources and next steps for those with depression.
- An event and book launch will be held in Muncie. Some of the stories will be read as monologues. (Audiences of 300-500 typically attend)
- That’s it! The stories live on in the books and on the Internet educating and inspiring those who read them.
You can learn more about the Facing Project page at www.facingproject.com
The Facing Project is a community storytelling project founded in Muncie and it has spread across the country. This is the 4th Muncie project.
If you’re interested in sharing your story or have questions, please email email@example.com.